All full-time (20 or more hours per week) non-bargaining unit employees of Diageo and their dependents are eligible to participate in the Diageo Benefits Program beginning on his or her date of hire.
Your eligible dependents include:
- Spouse – same- or opposite-sex (unless legally separated) – or civil union partner
- Domestic partner – same- or opposite-sex
- Natural, pre-adopted or legally adopted children or stepchildren, including:
- Children of eligible civil union partners, same-sex partners and domestic partners who are under age 26 (coverage ends for children at the end of the month in which they reach age 26)
- Disabled children of any age (subject to plan approval)
The Company defines a domestic partner as a relationship between two people (same- or opposite-sex) who meet all of the following criteria:
- Each of you is of legal age (at least 18 years of age or older), mentally competent to enter into contracts and a legal U.S. resident
- You have joint responsibility for each other’s welfare and for all your financial obligations
- You have resided in the same household with each other for more than 12 months and are continuing to reside in the same household together.
- You have had an intimate, committed relationship for more than 12 months, intend to do so indefinitely and have no such relationship with any other person.
- You are not related by blood to your partner to a degree of kinship that would prevent a marriage between you from being recognized under the law of the state in which you reside
- Neither of you is married to any third party
Diageo reserves the right to audit dependent elections to ensure they abide by plan rules. Any new dependents will require verification documentation, such as a marriage certificate or a birth certificate. Exact details of the required documentation will be provided to you when you add a new dependent.
Dependents And Beneficiaries
To elect your dependents and designate your beneficiaries, head to www.mydiageobenefits.com. The website can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection, 24/7. Click the “First-Time User?” link to get started.